The Exato Drive MX is a universal stage automation servo drive in a compact rack-mount. With support for a wide variety of motors, brakes, encoders, and general I/O, the Exato Drive M-series is ideal for powering a varied inventory of machinery in high-performance touring or permanent installation.
Designed by a coalition of veterans of performer flying, touring, and high-performance machinery operation, this tiny powerhouse is built to meet modern safety standards and integrate proper safety devices like light curtains, ultimate limits, and external emergency stop systems. It’s built to the UL508A standard, and can be certified to use in a SIL3 system.
All standard M-series drives include a dedicated wind-tunnel cooling system for the braking resistor, flexible brake and safety IO options for machine builders, high ambient temperature tolerance, and extremely quiet ventilation with user-washable filters.
Other MX-class standard features include:
- Exato Axis Connector that carries machine power, brake power, on-board 24V logic power, encoder feedback, Exato Machine Identifier feedback, and limits.
- Kinesys Elevation+ support to natively control Kinesys Elevation-compatible chain motors, Litec trolleys, and revolves.
- Category 1 deceleration emergency stop to protect equipment and humans from shock loads.
- Dual independent brake control for machines that require redundancy for SIL3 certification.
- Load cell monitoring via current or voltage signal.
- Touch screen & local hold-to-run button for safe local machine jogging and configuration.
- Emergency stop input to integrate with the Exato STO Bridge or other SIL3-rated emergency stop controllers.
- RJ-45 Ethernet / EtherCON connection for central cueing & configuration with Exato Server & Interfaces.
- Up to 4 encoders with support for a mixture of SinCos, incremental quadrature, incremental frequency & direction, EnDat, SSI, BiSS, Hiperface, resolver, and/or UVW commutation feedback.
|Mains power||single-phase or split-phase|
|Continuous motor power||1 kW||1 kW||1 kW||5 kW||5 kW|
|Peak motor power||3 kW||3 kW||3 kW||8 kW||12 kW|
|Power connector||Neutrik TRUE1||L21-30||L22-30||L21-30||L22-30|
|Idle noise level||20 db||20 db||20 db||20 db||20 db|
|Maximum operating noise level 1||24 db||24 db||24 db||43 db||43 db|
1 Maximum noise level with continuous dynamic braking for heavy inertial or lift loads and high ambient temperature; actual noise level may be less depending on ambient temperature and duty cycle.
Contact us to order or rent from the Exato Company or one of our partners.